Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Polar Express

What a great movie. For a good portion of watching this I really kept thinking (and saying intermittently) , this really isn't a kids movie. And that's probably true. It certainly brought me to tears (yes it did, clomid tears - clomid made me do it). It's not a sad movie by any means - it just gave me that burst of Christmas Spirit that one needs around this time of the year.

The spirit of Christmas is a funny thing and one that I especially appreciate today. Miss Jessica had a great time at her sleepover. When Randy called her around 9:30am she started freaking out about not wanting to come home. We made our way over to get her around 11:30 and she wouldn't even give us hugs. I laughed but yes it bothered me. I know it's so good for our (not-so) shy little girl but at the same time you feel conflicted by wanting her to stay little, to stay possessive and loyal to only her mom and dad.

Randy woke me around 630am to show me a picture that uncle Ken had emailed. It was adorable - Jess, Michele and 3 dogs all curled up on the bed. She was so comfortable there. She even went for a walk with her uncle down to the lake to throw rocks and enjoy the early morning. I am sure K&M are sleeping quietly now, Jess is pretty much non-stop, especially when she gets so much attention.

This afternoon, she came home and was asleep for an hours nap before I re-woke her up. Finally she started to settle back into our routine and she let me hold her again and hug her for what seemed like forever. I just soaked it all up:) I then enjoyed the rest of the afternoon with some home-schooling and playing leap frog on the floor (ouch ouch ouch).

She is fast asleep now and I just want to wake her up so she can give me a hug. The ole proverb that absence makes the heart grow fonder certainly held true today. I don't want to ever let her go...this is a lesson that I am not sure I will ever be able to learn.

No comments: